5 Resolutions to Improve Service with Transportation Software
It’s the holiday season and everyone is giving gifts to their friends and loved ones. But have you considered giving your transportation organization or transit agency the gift of automation? Before the New Year gets old, make a resolution to ensure that your operational efficiency isn’t getting old as well.
What to Consider Before Upgrading Your Transportation Software
If you’ve been simply “getting by” with your existing system, it can be easy to overlook the benefits that implementing a total scheduling solution can have. There are some clear signs that an operation is not functioning at peak capacity. As the New Year dawns, make your resolution to improve your service offerings by first analyzing your existing situation.
Top 5 New Years Resolutions
- Reconsider manual data entry. If you’re still scheduling trips on spreadsheets and scraps of paper, you should know that there is a more efficient method. Scheduling software reduces a huge amount of paperwork and repetitive tasks, leaving more time for customer service.
- Review your current hardware and software solutions. Are they still supported by your back office software? If your MDTs and desktop workstations aren’t being used to their full capacity, this is a sign your software is out of date.
- Grow your business with automation. If your competitors are providing better service, it may be because your operation isn’t working to its optimal efficiency. Scheduling software, in-vehicle technology and traveler information systems allow for more business, better service and operational savings. If you’re not growing your business, you’re losing your business.
- Consult with your staff. Your schedulers, planners, dispatchers, drivers, call center agents and IT department may all be dealing with an overflow of complaints, confusion and chaos. Working together, all areas can have a say in developing a beneficial plan that includes scheduling software.
- Consider dealing with a single vendor. Much like how telecom companies bundle services to reduce overall costs to loyal customers, purchasing scheduling solutions through a single vendor can also save. Multiple vendors may have multiple policies on update costs. Maintenance should not be your main expense.
Reward your Operation with Automation
In 2015, you’ll discover that an upgrade or transition to transportation software solutions is the perfect gift for your operation. With the increase in ridership, decrease in complaints and improvement to revenue generation and cost reductions due to better efficiency, transportation software is the gift that keeps on giving. This year, our resolution is to get to know you better. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule a demo of our software and let’s make 2015 the year of optimization.