We urgently need your help!
Join us and the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) on Tuesday December 15th to fight to #SavePublicTransit.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has driven home the vital role that public transit plays in our communities
- The CARES Act, that was signed into law in late March 2020, has contributed billions in financial relief for transit and intercity rail services, but it’s not nearly enough!
- To keep systems running, to get essential workers to the frontlines and to deliver groceries and medicine to at-risk populations, the APTA is urging Congress to provide at least $32 billion in emergency funding
- The need is dire! Based on a September 2020 survey of transit agencies, without this additional emergency funding:
- 54 percent of transit agencies may have to lay off or furloughing staff
- 61 percent may reduce service
- Nearly one-half (47 percent) of business members surveyed expect to lay off employees
Here’s What You Can Do:
- Act now – join the APTA in urging Congress to act before it recesses for the holiday season
- On Tuesday, December 15th, participate in our #SavePublicTransit day of engagement through the following channels:
Make yourself be seen and heard! Let's come together to #SavePublicTransit.
Please contact APTA's TJ Doyle with any questions at TDoyle@apta.com.