Welcome to our new blog series Meet the Team, where we ask a TripSpark team member five questions about their work and passions. Today we'll introduce you to the dedicated Joe Tovar, our Senior Product Manager for Medical. Joe and his family live in Arizona (hence the adult-sized spikey cacti) and he secretly enjoys Canadian treats like maple-flavored cookies and Tim Horton's coffee. Let's learn more about his work here at TripSpark:
- What is something Medical/NEMT organizations have to deal with that you want to fix? Making sure real-time passenger data exists for each and every trip. I also want to make it easier to work with APIs because the sharing of information is becoming more and more critical,
- What do you do at TripSpark? I oversee the entire suite of products for TripSpark Medical. This involves working with all functional departments to make sure our products continue to properly adapt to an ever-changing market.
- What’s your background? After getting my degree in Management Information Systems from the University of Arizona in 2005, I started with Trapeze as a deployment specialist right out of school (so I’ve been around for almost 15 years now). Deployment is a great way to see firsthand how customers use our products, what their pain points are, etc. This transitioned nicely into Product Management!
- What do you like about working at TripSpark? The people. It’s a great work environment, and I love working for a ‘smaller’ company. There is less red tape, decisions can be made quickly, and we can focus on what’s most important: our customers!
- What do you enjoy doing when you aren't working? Mainly chasing after my 9-month-old daughter and 3-year-old son (which is exhausting but rewarding). I’m also an avid cyclist, trail runner and hiker. Backpacking in the Grand Canyon, cycling up a famous 9,000 ft mountain in my hometown of Tucson (Mt. Lemmon), mountain biking in northern Arizona (Sedona, Prescott and Flagstaff!), and constantly challenging my physical and mental limits are all passions of mine.
Get to know more of the TripSpark Medical Team:
Steve Dewis – General Manager
Kris Lyon – Senior Manager of Business Development
Jennifer Crow – Application Support Team Lead